Everything you need to know about Clarisonic in SA

September 12, 2014

Clarisonic South Africa

Last night after years of waiting, Clarisonic finally launched in South Africa. I’d almost given up hope and stopped reading Clarisonic reviews and posting about my obsession and posting some more. Instead of a lengthy marketing post, here’s exactly what you need to know to get your hands on one.

1. Clarisonic, the revolutionary (and patented) facial cleansing system is finally launching in South Africa. The Clarisonic cleans skin six times better than hands and can be used in conjunction with your regular cleanser. One of their big selling points is – as a result of a more thorough cleansing, products you apply after will penetrate much better into the skin. There are a barrage of other benefits too, softer, smoother skin, a ore even skin tone and smaller pores. The brush apparently also helps reduce fine lines and it’s gentle enough for everyone.

2. Three models will be available, the Aria, The Plus and the Mia 2.

3. The Clarisonic will be exclusive to Stuttafords who are planning a very selective rollout (starting with Sandton City).

4. Units will be priced from R2499 and replacement heads will be R399.

5. They’ll be launching in January (Now mid February) 2015. ( I am a little perplexed about why they would skip the Christmas rush though).

I received an Aria to review, it’s a facial brush only with three speeds and can be charged via usb (YES). I’ll post a first impressions post very soon.

• Reply Merelda September 12, 2014 at 8:03 am

So excited! I’ve been waiting for Clarasonics for two years! Can’t wait for your updates 😀

• Reply Charlene September 12, 2014 at 10:07 am

WOW! How pretty! I really hope to get my hands on one of the facial cleansing brushes but the costs are quite steep – think I am going to wait a bit to see what enters the market then decide. I’d want a Clarsonic….but forking out over R2k is a bit too excessive. Clinique’s Sonic equivalent is R1600 – which already is a lot more affordable. Exciting times for the South African’s beauty industry!

• Reply zaamissbowtie September 12, 2014 at 11:23 am

I know, it’s very, very expensive and I didn’t think it was worth it. Last night one of the doctors who actually came up with the Clarisonic idea was there and I think he converted me. They have about 40 patents and 25 engineers working on it which is impressive. It’s very exciting I agree! Just wish they would have more stockists too.

• Reply CharlieW September 12, 2014 at 10:15 am

Exciting stuff!! Can’t wait to hear what you think!

• Reply Wendy Watson September 13, 2014 at 6:14 pm

I need one of these!!
    collegecheese.com

• Reply Nono October 1, 2014 at 9:47 am

Anybody tried the Clinique Cleansing Brush?

• Reply Zaahirah Bhamjee October 7, 2014 at 6:42 am

Haven’t tried it, but Clarisonic owns quite a few patents. Not sure if what Clinique is offering can do the same thing that Clarisonic can. However, it might do the same thing, in a different way.

• Reply magda olivier January 5, 2016 at 1:28 pm

How do I contact you if necessary to get brush for clarison