Win with the #14daysofzespri challenge | CLOSED

September 26, 2013

The challenge is over, well it was over over the weekend and let’s just say I didn’t do so well. I did get to serve up enough kiwi to feed an army at dinner on Friday night. And I walked away with some new knowledge about kiwis;

1. Kiwis contain more vitamin c than oranges.
2. Kiwis have 5 times more nutritional value than apples.
3. Kiwi is an amazing facial exfoliator. Rubbing a slice on my face acted the same way a mild peel would.
4. Kiwi makes a great face mask when mixed with yogurt, olive oil and lemon. Again, it was smoothing and brightening.

That being said there is one final housekeeping item. The giveaway.

Zespri gave me a nice goody bag for one lucky reader:

– R150 Fruit & Veg City voucher (Food Lovers Market).
– 2 Cute kiwi containers (as seem on Instagram)
– A coolerbox/lunch bag.

Plus a handcream and lip balm.

How do you win?

All you have to do is comment here and tell me when was the first time you ate kiwi. You can also tell me on Twitter.

Entries close at midnight tonight. SO GO.

• Reply Lauren G September 26, 2013 at 9:01 am

Heya, the first time I ate kiwi… *thinks*
    I believe it was the first time I had sushi. I went to a friends place and they had a platter of sushi and some kiwi on the side – it was awesome πŸ™‚

• Reply zaamissbowtie September 26, 2013 at 9:02 am

wait – sushi and kiwi? What an interesting combination!

• Reply Lauren G September 26, 2013 at 9:29 am

I know right? It was awesome!

• Reply sameera rawat September 26, 2013 at 9:47 am

think the first time i had kiwi was in a salad (i was 3 , just confirmed with my mum) πŸ™‚ it was a kiwi ,kajoor(dates) , strawberry and avo salad….define in summer esp with durbans heat it was and still is a must at lunch on a weekend…its yummy and refreshing πŸ™‚

• Reply namritha September 26, 2013 at 10:37 am

Mmmm first kiwi moment was many years back. Remember biting into this green fruit and expecting it to be sour..to my surprise it was divine. Now its kiwi Ftw. Lovely in salads and smoothies

• Reply Naeemah September 26, 2013 at 10:38 am

The first time I had Kiwi was probably when I was old enough to eat fruits.
    Kiwi is actually one of my favorite fruits. Nomnomnom.
    My mum is a health freak so yaaah. lol

• Reply That indian chick September 26, 2013 at 11:16 am

Eish who can remember when I first tasted the Kiwi (think it’s when it was first introduced into the country way back when).
    All I know now is I never leave the store without buying a couple to add to smoothies and eat straight up by the forksful. Love the sweet and tangy flavour of this fruit. πŸ˜€

• Reply Kay Johnson September 26, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Hmmm the first time I had kiwi would have to be in a fruit salad that I bought.. at first I wasn’t sure what fruit it was until enquiring by my mother. Ideally I wouldn’t say I’m the biggest kiwi lover, but on a hot day some kiwi and ice cream sounds like a hood combination πŸ™‚