A few weeks ago 27Pinks contacted me to ne part of their Winter Makeup Challenge. The idea was this; they sent us a set of brushes and we had to create a makeup lookwith products that cost up to R350. It wasn’t a biggie for me because of my love for Essence. I just switched out my MAC eyeliner and Lancome and Smashbox mascara for Essence ones.
What I used:
Foundation: Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation
Eyeshadow, bronzer and Blush: All Essence
Eyeliner: Essence Superfine eyeliner
Mascara: Essence Get Big Lashes
Lipgloss: Essence XXXL Shine
Eyeshadow: MUA Undressed Palette. (I pushed the boundary a little, but technically you can get this in South Africa because they do ship to SA).
The Makeup Look
1. Apply foundation using flat foundation brush. At first it was quite a challenge to blend with the paddle brush, but it worked out in the end.
2. I then applied the 2nd lightest shade from my MUA palette, I wanted something as a base to even out my eyelids. The shade was really perfect for my skin tone. I applied it to my entire lid.
3. I then took a darker shade and applied it to the lower and outer corners of my eyes to create a slight contour. I used the round brush because I wanted everything to be subtle.
4. I applied the near black shade and further contoured my eye with the smaller round brush. This is for a natural day look so I didn’t do anything dramatic.
5. I then applied a highlighting shade to the inner corner of my eyes and my eyebrow bone. And I lined my lower and upper lids with a quick click of Essence Superfine Eyeliner
6. I thickened the upper lash line and applied Essence Get Big Lashes Mascara. Just look at how amazing this mascara is!
7. Contour, highlight and blush with Essence, then it’s all done 🙂
8. Whoops, I almost forgot a swipe of the Essence XXL Shine lipgloss! I chose this nude shade because it’s perfect for an understated look!
The 27Pinkx makeup organiser and brush range is aimed at consumers wanting affordable products, these brushes retail at an average of R37!