A long time ago I received a pack of products from Indeed labs who had just launched in South Africa. They also handed me their star product, Nanoblur which has achieved cult status overseas for the it’s ability to apparently make you look 10 years younger instantly.
What exactly is Nanoblur?
1. Nanoblur is purely a cosmetic product that literally blurs out your skin giving it an airbrushed effect. It lessens the appearance of any fine lines and blemishes.
2. It is not a primer, it’s meant to be used OVER your foundation or tinted moisturiser, the tip Indeed Labs gave us was that anything creamy goes under and powder goes over.
3. It should be applied with your hands and not rubbed but patted on.
4. It is similar to a primer in that it will mattify your skin and keep your foundation on for longer.
My experience with Nanoblur
1. I loved how Nanoblur kept my foundation in place for ever. The days I applied Nanoblur required no blotting and my skin was smooth and matte for the entire day.
2. I applied Nanoblur over my foundation and I definitely saw a ‘blurring’ effect, but I don’t think what I saw was as drastic as what others have seen.
3. I often had issues with application. Sometimes, no matter how hard I tried, my foundation pilled and I ended up with patchy coverage and had to start over. This might just be me and my general clutzy nature, but it did get frustrating.
4. Nanoblur prevents my foundation from gathering in the crease that develops when I talk. I’ve tried many foundations and they still conspicuously gather there, the only way to prevent that was to apply Nanoblur.
Many people complain that the tube is too small and they’d love for Indeed Labs to make another, larger size. I don’t think it’s necessary, the 30ml tube has lasted me nearly two months now.
Nanoblur is available at Clicks for R299.
I took a photo and zoomed in, can you guess on which side of my face I’ve applied the Nanoblur?
Is Nanoblur worth the hype?
In my mind, Nanoblur provided a function that wasn’t really advertised, as for blurring fine lines, it definitely does that and leaves my skin as advertised. There’s no way I’m going to look 12 so I can’t hold them to that 🙂