A while back I attended the Pond’s High tea where they launched their highlight-anticipated BB cream. I wrote a lot about that here so you can track back and have a look at just how pretty and how much fun the event was.
I didn’t immediately review the Flawless Radiance BB cream because I wanted to get a long-term feel of it on my skin.
Pond’s Flawless Radiance BB cream comes packed with their Genactiv Cover formula and a darker shade developed for African women. It also comes packed with SPF 30 PA++ which is a great addition. I will never leave the house without Spf 50 though and always wear my products over that. Pond’s claims that with time, this will help even out the skin tone.
Pond’s flawless Radiance BB cream comes in two shades, Chocolate and Beige. I was initially pretty disappointed because I am dead medium. Once I started playing around with the bb cream, it didn’t seem to be a huge problem.
1. The BB cream is very sheer. The coverage is definitely not medium and it just evens out the skin tone. BUT, I did notice that Beige provided more coverage than the Chocolate shade.
2. I love that it is a little thicker than foundation and melts into the skin really well.
3. The scent, while slightly overpowering is not bad at all. I quite like it.
4. The Beige dries my skin out a little, it dries quite matte and my dry patches start showing through after a short while. My nose is also always peeling so my boyf noticed immediately.
5. The chocolate is a little more moisturising than the beige.
Now you’re wondering? How did I wear it?
I just did. Sometimes I mixed them. Sometimes I wore the Beige and other times I wore the Chocolate. The chocolate definitely required some powder during the day, but the beige didn’t.
Pond’s Flawless Radiance BB cream is available for R89.99.
Swatches below 🙂 All pictures are clickable.
Below: Beige Blended into my hand. You can see that it smooths and evens out my skin tone.
Below: Chocolate blended on my hand. You can see that it is a little warmer then my skin and where it ends near my knuckles.