Turmeric face Mask | DIY Beauty

April 2, 2013

DIY Turmeric face mask

Turmeric is, annoying, and the last thing I’d want to put on my face. The indian spice leaves a path of destruction every time I use it, staining everything. I didn’t think it was useful for anything more than staining curries, but in my never-ending search for the cure of hyper-pigmentation I found a few DIY face masks using turmeric that over a period of time  improves skin tone.  So, I’m giving turmeric another chance. I’ve been using turmeric daily for a week now and I’m not seeing any huge improvements, but I’m definitely noticing that my skin is more radiant and bright. I’m definitely going to stick to this for longer and hope that it makes a difference. I’m not ready to do any drastic treatments. Would you apply turmeric to your skin?

Recipe:

1 tsp turmeric

1 tsp lemon juice

0.5 tsp milk

Apply the mask to your face and neck and leave on for 20 minutes and wash off.

I suggest washing it off in the shower because, it can get messy. You will have to wash your face once or twice afterwards. Make sure that you cleanse your face thoroughly.

DIY turmeric face mask for even skin tone

DIY turmeric face mask

• Reply Princess Amy April 4, 2013 at 11:42 am

its also great for dark circles – tumerics my best friend! Love your post 🙂

• Reply zaamissbowtie April 4, 2013 at 11:50 am

really? how do you use it on dark circles? In what paste? I’m currently using it on my teeth and it’s amazing there too! Thanks for commenting 🙂

• Reply Guest December 10, 2013 at 1:18 am

so…. it helps ur teeth whiten just by rubbing tumeric on it ?

• Reply Princess Amy April 4, 2013 at 3:26 pm

just mix some tumeric with pineapple juice OR honey to make a paste and bobs your uncle!

• Reply zaamissbowtie July 2, 2013 at 1:17 pm

wait! Pineapple! That sounds interesting. What does it do??

• Reply Suaaddartistry June 21, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I’ve done the turmeric thing. It helped a lot with spots. sometimes I just use it as a spot treatment and I see a reduction the pimples size over night. It is a bit of an annoyance to wash off though which is why I save it for the shower. The recipe I use utilizes gram flour with turmeric, honey and some milk. It makes it thicker but it really doesn’t smell that great but smell is beside the point. This mask works.

• Reply zaamissbowtie June 23, 2013 at 7:47 am

yes, i have a similar recipe as well! yeah, the biggest issue is really washing it off. The turmeric gets EVERYWHERE.

• Reply Suaaddartistry July 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Lol, turmeric is just one of those spices that work but sadly is a pain

• Reply Guest December 10, 2013 at 1:19 am

ummm just using tumeric and lemon and milk helps ur facial skin look cleaner an better ? does it remove freckles or no ?

• Reply Guest December 10, 2013 at 1:20 am

does tumeric help u get rid of freckles ?

• Reply Guest December 10, 2013 at 1:21 am

b/c i have many freckles on my face on one side but none on the other side i think i got it from the sun

• Reply Guest December 10, 2013 at 1:23 am

does anyone know how to get rid of double chins