DIY Beauty | Honey & Cinnamon mask

December 5, 2012
diy beauty honey and cinnamon mask

A few days ago Michelle Phan posted a video about a DIY mask that she loved. I just sighed and thought to myself that I’ve been doing it for years. Recently I’ve been struggling with quite a few blemishes and trouble skin so I decided to try it again. The Cinnamon and honey mask is a great acne-fighter for those who don’t have sensitive skin. I always add a dash of lemon to mine. Honey has antibacterial properties and lemon contains citric acid. Lemon also helps to face blemish marks and hyper-pigmentation.

My skin might be a little too sensitive for this mask, but I see a substantial improvement to my pimples when I use this. it leaves my skin soft and smooth. I wish I could say it left my skin brighter, but that is something I experienced when using this as a teen.

P.S If your face starts itching or burning uncontrollably when wearing this you need to rinse it off IMMEDIATELY.  Also make sure that you are using proper honey. Another thing I wouldn’t suggest is microwaving the mixture. I just use it at room temperature.

When I make the paste I make it slightly more runny because the cinnamon burns my skin. I add far more honey than lemon juice and cinnamon. Also, because I love my new camera you can see what it looks like below.I saturate the area around my mouth because that’s my biggest problem area. I suffer from so much hyper pigmentation there and these miniature pimples that really make me self conscious. This mask really does work for me!

DIY cinnamon lemon and honey mask

• Reply Tammy December 5, 2012 at 10:59 am

Wow, sounds awesome!! I will definitely be giving this a try tonight!! Thanks for sharing!! XX

• Reply zaamissbowtie December 5, 2012 at 11:27 am

good luck! I hope it works for you!

• Reply Hasmitha Daya December 5, 2012 at 1:56 pm

My cousin introduced me to this mask some time back. I tried it a few times and my skin felt amazing. I kinda forgot about it until now! Thank you for the reminder 🙂

• Reply zaamissbowtie December 5, 2012 at 1:58 pm

It is amazing 🙂 Just be careful to go easy on your skin because it will irritate it!

• Reply Suaaddartistry June 21, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Honey and Cinnamon has amazing health benefits especially when it’s ingested. I’ve taken it as a cough syrup before and my cough cleared right up. You can make it with boiling water as a delicious tea and it helps alleviate quite a few health issues. I have family who have never gotten flu again because of this (or if they have, it’s every few years). prophetic medicine and all 😉

• Reply zaamissbowtie June 23, 2013 at 7:48 am

Yep! I remember and old aunt forcing a tablespoon of honey and cinnamon down my throat when I was ill. LOL!! The flu thing is something new 😉

• Reply PrincessF September 11, 2013 at 5:08 am

This mask made me break out terribly.. i guess it was due to cinnamon as never really had a problem with plain honey before. oh well..

• Reply zaamissbowtie September 11, 2013 at 7:38 am

oh that’s terrible 🙁 Some people are definitely allergic to or affected by cinnamon.