We have quite a few music festivals in South Africa and the one on the top in my mind at the moment is Rocking The Daisies. (In no way is my opinion influenced by the fact that they brought out Bloc Party this year). So a run-down of the festival it is based just outside of Cape Town in a beautiful valley right next to a river where a ‘beach bar’ gets set up. So that means that the weather could do anything, and you would either be suffering if you don’t take a thick jacket or your jacket will be nicely curled up in your bag.
I put together a quick ‘look’ that would be amazing for the daisies;
1. Denim cut-offs. Shorts are a festival essential. You could even get away with wearing the same pair of hard wearing denim for 2-3 days at a festival. (You be the judge of that though).
2. Crop tops. Crops tops aer easy to wear, comfortable and seriously en-vogue. I would LOVE that Hipsta Please t-shirt because I know the daisies will be full of them.
3. Head gear. A hat is an absolute essential. Choose one that won’t easily fly off your head or you could say goodbye to it before the music starts. Turbans are really en-vogue and perfect for keep you hair from flying into your face constantly. Think about it. Sunglasses. Need I say more?
4. Rain boots. Or gum boots or whatever they’re called. These are Hunter boots. It might be raining and muddy and even if it is just sandy you don’t want people stepping on your toes when you’re wearing flip flops.
5. Makeup. If you absolutely must wear make-up use a bb cream with a built in sunblock and something simple like the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain. Simple, easy and effective. Also it would be easy to wipe the sand off the stick.
6. Swimwear. It might get hot and the water will start getting real tempting, real soon. Rather be safe than sorry.
Other essentials you might not want to skip
2. Hand sanitizer
4. Facial cleansing wipes
5. Toilet Paper
6. Thick, warm, heavy duty jacket for the middle of the night when its freezing.
And if you can’t go to the Daisies and still want to see Bloc Party- you can enter my competition to win tickets here