I am a convert.
I don’t think I will ever wax, shave or depilate my legs again.
The 7891 is a HUGE upgrade from my teeny 3170. It’s what’s called a Dual Epilator and has a head with a shaving attachment as well so that one stroke will give you super smooth skin, which is one of the reasons most women don’t use epilators. This epilator comes packed with 40 little tweezers that are really scary the first time you turn it on and they really just eat up the hair.
1. It can be used wet or dry. Basically this gives you the convenience of a shave. I used this on my underarms while taking a shower, one slow, seriously painful swoop later, my underarms were smooth as a baby’s bottom. Also using it in the shower seems to be far less painful than using it dry.
2. It comes with a ‘sensitive area’ attachment. This one is for the brave. It works for the underarms and bikini line areas.
3. It removes short hair. I do have to epilate once a week. I know that it’s more than waxing, BUT I am going practically hairless at the moment. Every week what I epilate is about 1/4 of my full hair growth and the enxt week is the 2nd Quarter. So instead of waiting for my full animal to come out im constantly killing hairs. I have read that after 2 years of continous epilator usage many have found that their hair growth has substantially decreased.
4. Cordless. Need I say more? One charge gives me enough time to do my legs.
5. Something else I’ve noticed is that compared to waxing, the irritation to my skin is minimal. There are the red bumps that Braun warns us about, but I apply moisturizer immediately and soon the redness goes away. There is no swelling at all and the quality of my skin is really amazing.
Epilating VS Shaving
To me there is no reason whatsoever to shave when you can epilate.
1. Epilating pulls out the hair from the root.
2. Longer regrowth time.
3. Over time the hair will become more fine and soft.
4. Can be done in Shower.
Epilating vs Waxing
1. Can remove shorter hair.
2. Can be done in shower/bath.
3. Not messy.
4. Waxing at a salon can become expensive.
1. Might not remove all the hairs the first time.
2. Have to epilate more often.
3. Is more painful than waxing.
Yes, epilating is SO PAINFUL when you start out, but the more I do it, the easier it gets and I can’t wait to see the fruits of my labour.
Read more about the Braun Epilators here –> http://www.braun.com/za/female-grooming/silk-epil-epilators.html