ZARA has finally arrived in SA, and, with a bang.
Last night was the launch of ZARA at Sandton City, along with the new Mr Price concept store AND the launch of the WHOLE new section at Sandton. Everything was fabulous! it’s a completely different experience shopping with VIPs rather than the month-end horde and wish I could do it all the time! (wishful thinking!).
I nearly didn’t make it though and left the house with my hair still wet in order to catch a lift with some great people, because, at 5 on the eve of the event, the boyfriend suddenly got ill! (PANIC) But he’s amazing and even organised me a lift. Thanks to everyone who made it an incredible night!
In order of importance:
1. Variety- The Sandton shop doesn’t have meagre selection that is merely a shadow of other stores, but it seems to have the majority of other stores. Loads of blazers, tailored shirts, dresses and even denim! MY Friend spotted some incredible limited edition LAdY GAGA tshirts!
2. SIZE- The store is HUGE, much like the old EDGARS stores
3. QUALITY- I didn’t see a Made in China label on ANYTHING I looked at.
4. SIZE (The XS fits me, and so does the 36 in shoes!)
5. VARIETY (again), we’re meant to receive new stock once a week at least. This means that we wont have a repeat of the Forever New Army we had walking around last summer (JJ).
Then again, I love events with drinks on the side and canapes, I did get some really awkward tasting/cheesecake dish though :/, and I also don’t mind walking around with 5FM djs, IDOLS judges and TV presenters.
PS. All event pictures later (I forgot my camera and have to rely on efficient paparazzi now) AND the lovely nafeesa, Naseera, Afzal and Nabila will get a mention then for saving me from depression because of the boyfriends illness.